What is Cashflow Modelling?
Cashflow modelling is used by your Westerby Consultant to forecast your future finances. It shows you in real time how much money you could have in the future and whether you are on target to achieve your goals. This can be invaluable when considering questions such as ‘do I have enough money?’ and ‘when can I afford to retire?’
What is Cashflow Modelling used for?
Cashflow modelling helps people with all kinds of different goals to find out what their finances could look like and whether they will have enough money in the future. It can help to answer questions such as:
- Will I have enough money to retire when I want to?
- Am I going to run out of money in later life or can I spend more now?
- Will my family be financially secure if I go into care or die unexpectedly?
- Am I going to leave behind an Inheritance Tax bill?
- How can my other savings, such as ISAs, contribute to my overall retirement income?
- How can I take my income in the most tax-efficient way possible?
How does it work?
The first step is to collect information about your monthly income and outgoings, savings and other assets. Your Westerby Consultant will analyse this information along with your future goals and requirements, taking into account life events such as your retirement, one-off expenses like gifts to children, and even your death.
Your Westerby Consultant will then input the numbers to create a long-term projection of your finances. This will show your future requirements alongside any increase or decrease in your assets, helping to identify any potential surplus or shortfall.
If you would like to see how Cashflow Modelling could help you, please contact your Westerby Consultant.